Kelly J. Lenahan concentrates her practice in the field of civil litigation, alternative dispute resolution, white collar criminal defense and insurance law. She handles a range of civil and criminal matters for MBK’s individual and corporate clients, including professional and general negligence, business and insurance coverage disputes, criminal defense, and catastrophic personal injury. Kelly is frequently invited as a speaker on matters of litigation and legal ethics in the local legal and business community.
Kelly brings broad and intentional experience to her civil and criminal practice. Her affinity for trial practice and alternative dispute resolution was evident in her early years of practice in the field of plaintiff’s personal injury. She honed her trial and appellate skills as a special court-appointed conflicts counsel of Lackawanna County defending individuals of limited means facing felony criminal prosecution. She has litigated dozens of complex state and federal civil matters involving professional liability, personal injury, automobile negligence, and premises liability.
Kelly’s legal skills were recognized early, and have been honored often, by her peers in the local and national legal community. In 2012, Kelly was selected to The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40, an invitation-only organization for individuals who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results, and leadership as a young lawyer under the age of 40. In 2016, Kelly received the Margaret M. Gavin Award awarded by The Young Lawyers Division of the Lackawanna Bar Association, which recognizes a continued commitment to the bar association, the courts and the community. Kelly has been selected repeatedly as a Pennsylvania Rising Star.
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Supreme Court
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2002
- Loyola University of Maryland, B.A., Pyschology, cum laude, 1999
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Past-President Young Lawyers Division of the Lackawanna County Bar Association, 2014
- Board of Lackawanna County Pro Bono, 2013
- “Traumatic Brain Injury Cases: Doctor and Attorney Perspectives,” National Business Institute
- “Damages in Personal Injury”
- “Plaintiff’s Personal Injury From Start to Finish,” National Business Institute
- “As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorney’s Make in Civil Litigation,” National Business Institute
- “Using Doctor Testimony to Your Advantage,” National Business Institute
- “Ethical Considerations in Settlement,” National Business Institute
- “Bridge the Gap,” a continuing legal education program for new lawyers required by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, 2014
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars, 2010, 2013-2017
- Recipient of the Margaret M. Gavin Award of The Young Lawyers Division of the Lackawanna Bar Association, 2016
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2012