Kristen Mackrell Clark’s practice focuses on individual and corporate business matters, estate planning and administration, taxation, and tax-exempt organizations. Kristen works extensively with clients on corporate governance, business planning, tax planning, and individual and corporate tax audits. Kristen also works with individual clients on estate planning, estate and trust administration, and estate and trust litigation.
Kristen’s professional and personal experience as a Certified Public Accountant, and as an advisor to multiple community non-profit organizations, enhance the skillset that she brings to her practice at MBK. Prior to joining MBK, Kristen worked as a Certified Public Accountant specializing in individual and corporate taxation. She is therefore well-versed in both the tax and legal aspects of her clients’ business planning, estate planning, estate administration, and non-profit matters. Kristen has also worked extensively with public charities, private foundations, health care organizations, and educational institutions in her role at MBK, and on a pro-bono basis in her community. She combines her knowledge of the law with her appreciation for the practical concerns of these entities to provide pragmatic and precise legal advice.
Kristen has been honored by her peers every year since 2018 as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star.In 2015, Kristen also received recognition as a Top 20 Under 40 Business Professional by the Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal.
Kristen is a magna cum laude graduate of the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame. She earned a Master of Accountancy degree from The George Washington University and her Juris Doctorate from Temple University Beasley School of Law. Prior to joining Myers, Brier & Kelly, LLP, Kristen worked as a Certified Public Accountant at McGrail, Merkel, Quinn & Associates in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where she specialized in individual and corporate taxation. Kristen is an active member of the community, serving on several non-profit boards and in other volunteer capacities, all of which contribute to her skills as a legal advisor to her clients.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Tax Court
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2007
- The George Washington University, M.Acc., 2004
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Accountancy and Spanish, magna cum laude, 2003
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Nativity Miguel School of Scranton,
- Finance Committee, Nativity Miguel School of Scranton,
- Vice-President, Notre Dame Club of Scranton, 2016-present
- University of Notre Dame NEPA Volunteer Alumni Recruiter
- Board of Directors, Dress for Success Lackawanna, 2015-2018
- C.P.A., Pennsylvania (inactive)
- C.P.A., McGrail, Merkel, Quinn & Associates, P.C., 2007-2009
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars, 2018-2020
- Northeast Pennsylvania Business Journal Top 20 Under 40 Honoree, 2015