Patrick Walsh provides comprehensive legal representation to clients, with experience in business and financial matters, civil and commercial litigation, estate planning and administration, elder law, tax, and real estate matters. He is a seasoned negotiator and litigator, and routinely represents individuals and businesses before state and federal courts and agencies.
Patrick counsels individual and corporate clients on business, corporate, and real estate issues, with a focus on each client’s unique needs and business objectives. He advises emerging and established businesses on the formation and organization of business entities including corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability companies, commercial lending, acquisition and sale of businesses, corporate governance, and business planning. Patrick works closely with clients on real estate matters to negotiate and prepare sale contracts, deeds, leases, option agreements, construction contracts and loan documents. He also represents individuals and businesses in real estate tax assessment appeals.
Patrick has extensive knowledge of, and experience in Orphans’ Court matters, which is invaluable to achieving results for clients. Patrick litigates sensitive and financially significant contested matters, including guardianship matters involving vulnerable high net worth individuals. In 2018, Patrick successfully protected an elderly woman who was the target of her son’s undue influence, following his isolation of his mother, transfer of her assets valued in excess of $3,000,000, and the creation of an estate plan in which the son received substantially all of his mother’s assets at death to the deprivation of two other children. Patrick was successful in having a guardian appointed and an irrevocable trust established that was consistent with the mother’s long-standing estate plan to distribute assets equally to the surviving children.
Patrick is an active member of the community. He devotes substantial time to advancing legal issues, legal education, and pro bono work, and serves as a board member of a number of charitable organizations.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, J.D., 2001
- Bloomsburg University, B.S., Political Science, 1996
- Board Member, Friendship House
- Board Member, Abington Education Improvement Organization
- Law Office of Patrick A. Walsh, LLC, 2014-2021
- Kelley, Polishan, Walsh & Solfanelli, LLC, 2007-2014
- Hoegen, Hoegen & Kelley, LLP, 2004-2007
- Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman & Goggin, 2001-2004