Suzanne Conaboy Scanlon focuses her practice on the full range of issues relating to health care, complex civil litigation, and criminal investigations. Her healthcare practice encompasses professional medical liability, compliance audits, insurance, fraud and abuse, medical staff fair hearings, health care compliance, hospital peer review, privileging and credentialing, and professional licensing. In her civil litigation work, Suzanne handles high level claims involving the Pennsylvania Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection law, contract disputes, injunctions and temporary restraining orders, products liability, royalty disputes and other gas and oil industry litigation, employment matters, and class actions. She represents clients at the trial and appellate level, including matters before the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court, Superior Court and Supreme Court, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. Suzanne also represents clients in state and federal white collar criminal defense cases, including public corruption, fraud, RICO, and other financial crimes, as well as the defense of physicians and other health care professionals in criminal matters and investigations.
Suzanne’s creative and practical approach to her clients’ problems combines her front line clinical experience with her exceptional legal skills. Prior to her legal career, Suzanne worked as a registered nurse for the oncology unit at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. She redirected her passion for service and advocacy to the law and graduated cum laude from the Temple University Beasley School of Law, where she also served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Temple Journal of Science, Technology and Environmental Law. Suzanne then served as a law clerk in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania for the Honorable David R. Strawbridge prior to beginning her legal practice with MBK, where continues to advocate for her clients as relentlessly as she cared for her patients.
Suzanne has earned multiple awards for her advocacy and legal skills. At Temple University Beasley School of Law, she earned the Jerry Zaslow Memorial Award for outstanding academic achievement and well-rounded activity within the law school community; the Integrated Trial Advocacy Program Award; and the Barrister Award for trial advocacy. She has been selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars every year since 2015.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, B.S.N., 2007
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute, Co-Chairperson of Professional Liability Committee, 2015- 2016
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing Board of Alumni
- Maternal Family Health Services Quality Assurance Committee
- Women’s Resource Center Legal Committee
- St. Joseph’s Center Board of Directors
- Law clerk to the Hon. David R. Strawbridge, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Registered Nurse, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Why cDNA is Deserving of Patent Protection, Ass’n for Molecular Pathology v. USPTO, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 35418 (S.D.N.Y. Apr. 2, 2010), 30 Temp. J. Sci. Tech. & Envtl. L. 114-43 (2011)
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars, 2015-2020