Jack is a trusted lawyer and advisor to his clients and colleagues. He represents public companies in the energy, financial service and insurance sectors, as well as Pennsylvania businesses operating in the Mid-Atlantic region and institutions of higher learning. Jack has represented high-ranking members of the Executive, Legislative and Judicial Branches of Pennsylvania government. Jack also represents individuals and families in high value personal injury matters and financial fraud litigation, and he has secured verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients in excess of eight-figures.
Jack has earned a reputation centered on his hard-working approach to the practice of law. He commits himself to understand and then to confront the regulatory, transactional and investigatory challenges faced by his clients. Jack serves as general outside counsel to several clients. He practices in the areas of oil and gas law, internal investigations, market conduct and sales practice litigation, white collar criminal law, contractual and business disputes, securities disputes, wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act, insurance coverage and insolvency, banking litigation, and viatical and life settlement litigation.
Jack has litigated matters in dozens of state and federal courts throughout the country, appearing at the trial and appellate levels. He has handled securities arbitrations before FINRA, employment matters before the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, represented members of the judiciary including before the Judicial Conduct Board, and litigated in the Office of Open Records.
Jack Dempsey is a Dunmore native, who left Northeastern Pennsylvania in 1994 to pursue academics and athletics at Princeton University. He completed his education with honors from the Villanova University School of Law, and then spent six years with a leading national law firm based in Philadelphia. In 2007, Jack returned home with his wife and daughter to join Myers, Brier & Kelly, LLP as an associate attorney. Jack was promoted to the partnership in January 2014.
Jack’s wife Jennifer is a foot and ankle surgeon. Together, they reside in Dunmore with their four daughters. Jack and Jenny have passed to their daughters a deep appreciation for their community, a commitment to academics and a love of athletics.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Governor Wolf’s Northeast Regional Judicial Advisory Commission
Prior Professional Experience
- Associate Attorney, Drinker, Biddle & Reath, LLP (2001-2007)
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 2001 Cum Laude
- A.B., Princeton University, 1998
Focus of Practice:
Litigation and Outside Counsel
- MBK Wins Employment Precedent-Setting Decision
- Laskowski decision cited in Freedom Magazine article “War, On Drugs”
- Frank J. Brier Admitted to The American Bar Foundation
- MBK Partners Publish Article in PACDL publication For the Defense, Volume 1, Issue 4, (December 2016)
- The Stakes are High When Universities Investigate Title IX Complaints