Kelly brings many years of legal experience to MBK law having practiced in the field of plaintiff’s personal injury litigation since 2002. She has been involved in dozens of complex state and federal civil matters involving professional liability, automobile negligence, and premises liability. During those years, she developed a love of trial practice and alternative dispute resolution.
Early in her career, she also served as special court-appointed conflicts counsel of Lackawanna County defending individuals of limited means facing felony criminal prosecution honing her trial and appellate skills.
Kelly continues her work at MBK in the field of health law lending her legal knowledge to assisting physicians and other health care providers defending professional negligence actions. She will also assist in resolution of other health care related matters involving contractual disputes and regulatory compliance.
Kelly received her undergraduate degree, from Loyola University of Maryland (1999), Cum Laude, and law degree from DePaul University College of Law, where she also received special certification in Criminal Law.
In 2016, Kelly received the Margaret M. Gavin Award awarded by The Young Lawyers Division of the Lackawanna Bar Association, which recognizes a continued commitment to the Bar Association, the Courts and the Community. Kelly has been listed as a Rising Star in Super Lawyers Magazine (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) and The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 (2012).
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Past-President Young Lawyers Division of the Lackawanna County Bar Association (2014)
- Board of Lackawanna County Pro Bono (2013)
- “Traumatic Brain Injury Cases: Doctor and Attorney Perspectives”
- “Damages in Personal Injury”
- “Plaintiff’s Personal Injury From Start to Finish”
- “As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorney’s Make in Civil Litigation”
- “Using Doctor Testimony to Your Advantage”
- “Ethical Considerations in Settlement”
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of PA
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Illinois Supreme Court
- DePaul University College of Law - 2002
- Loyola University of Maryland, Cum Laude - 1999
Focus of Practice:
All facets of health care litigation and business counseling.