Kristen Mackrell Clark’s practice focuses on individual and corporate business matters, estate planning, estate administration, income tax-related matters and tax-exempt organizations. Kristen’s prior experience as a Certified Public Accountant allows her to practice law with special consideration to the tax consequences involved in business, estate planning, estate administration and non-profit matters.
Kristen works extensively with clients on business and tax-related matters, including corporate governance, business planning, tax planning and both individual and corporate tax audits. Kristen’s experience with public charities, private foundations, health care organizations and educational institutions allows her to provide thorough legal expertise in the area of tax-exempt organizations.
Kristen is a Magna Cum Laude graduate of the Mendoza College of Business at the University of Notre Dame. She earned a Master of Accountancy degree from The George Washington University and her Juris Doctorate from Temple University Beasley School of Law. Prior to joining Myers, Brier & Kelly, LLP, Kristen worked as a Certified Public Accountant at McGrail, Merkel, Quinn & Associates in Scranton, Pennsylvania, where she specialized in individual and corporate taxation.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, NativityMiguel School of Scranton
- Board of Directors, Dress for Success Lackawanna
- Vice-President, Notre Dame Club of Scranton
- University of Notre Dame NEPA Volunteer Alumni Recruiter
Prior Professional Experience
- C.P.A., McGrail, Merkel, Quinn & Associates, P.C. (2007 – 2009)
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of PA
- C.P.A., Pennsylvania (inactive)
- J.D., Temple University Beasley School of Law, 2007
- Master of Accountancy, The George Washington University, 2004
- B.B.A., Accountancy and Spanish, University of Notre Dame, Magna Cum Laude, 2003
Focus of Practice:
Corporate/Transactional Law; Tax & Business Planning; Estate Planning & Administration; Tax-Exempt Organizations; Probate Law; Elder Law; Employment Law; Real Estate Law