Morey Myers is one of Pennsylvania’s most respected lawyers. Morey served as general counsel to Pennsylvania Governor Robert P. Casey and general counsel for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Morey is a graduate of the Yale University School of Law and Syracuse University. He is one of MBK’s founding partners and today serves actively of counsel at the firm.
From 1990 to 1995 he was partner in the Philadelphia-based firm of Schnader, Harrison, Segal and Lewis and has served as advisor and counsel to businesses and individuals on all aspects of legal/commercial matters. He is a fellow of the American Bar Association; former commissioner, National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws; and contributing author of the American Bar Association Handbook on Antitrust Grand Jury Investigations and the Temple Law Quarterly. He has contributed to the Harvard University-Brandeis University Cooperative Research Project for the Development of Israel Law. Morey has also been active in academics serving as visiting lecturer at Yale University, Rutgers University, the University of Scranton, Haverford College, Hamilton College, University of Wyoming, Lafayette College and Temple University.
- Consultant to the President’s Commission on Campus Unrest
- Pennsylvania Assistant Attorney General
- Chief counsel to Pennsylvania’s Milk Control Commission
- Chairman of the Hearing Committee 3.03 of the Disciplinary board of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Participant in the Criminal Practice and Procedure Antitrust Section and chair
- Estate and Gift Tax Sub-committee on Valuation Procedures
- American Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of PA
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of PA
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of PA
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Courts including Supreme Court
- J. D., Yale University School of Law
- Syracuse University
Focus of Practice:
Practitioner in state and federal court in civil and criminal law with emphasis on complex litigation and civil rights matters.
Advisor and counsel to businessmen and businesses on all aspects of business matters.