When conflict exists in the workplace, tensions are escalated, employees are distracted from doing the work that needs to be done and productivity declines. The lawyers at Myers, Brier & Kelly, LLP are skilled at providing practical advice and counseling to address and resolve workplace conflict and at providing aggressive representation for employers when conflict results in litigation.
Our experience in the area of employment law includes:
- Drafting and negotiating employment contracts, non-disclosure agreements, restrictive covenants and severance agreements;
- Advising and counseling employers concerning workplace and employee issues;
- Conducting internal investigations;
- Training managers and employees concerning application of federal and state fair employment laws;
- Drafting employee handbooks and employment policies;
- Providing advice and counsel with respect to protecting trade secrets, intellectual property and confidential information;
- Providing advice and counsel to employers regarding employee requests for accommodation in the workplace and other matters involving employees with disabilities;
- Advising clients concerning their rights and obligations under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”);
- Representing employers in connection with Department of Labor audits and inquiries;
- Providing advice and counsel concerning wage and overtime issues and other issues arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”);
- Providing advice and counsel concerning application of the Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”);
- Counseling employers in connection with alleged criminal conduct in the workplace; and
- Handling discrimination, harassment and retaliation claims before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission (“PHRC”).
- The lawyers at Myers, Brier & Kelly, LLP have experience representing municipal as well as public and private employers in employment related litigation filed in state and federal courts. Specifically, we have prosecuted and/or defended claims involving the following: unfair competition and protection of trade secrets; non-compete and non-disclosure agreements and restrictive covenants; wrongful discharge and termination; wage and hour claims; class actions under the FLSA and other fair employment laws; disputes arising under ERISA; employment discrimination and sexual harassment claims; and whistle blower claims.
We have the skills and experience to provide immediate, aggressive and effective representation when employment law issues arise in your workplace.