Nicholas Kravitz represents individual and corporate clients in matters involving professional liability, commercial and contractual disputes, catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, and litigation related to the exploration, production, gathering and transportation of Marcellus natural gas. Nick advocates for his clients in federal and state trial courts, and in appeals before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, the Commonwealth and Superior Courts of Pennsylvania, the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the American Arbitration Association.
Nick’s successful and diverse litigation record is a testament to his dedication to his clients and his capacity to immerse himself in each unique case. Together with MBK partner, Frank Brier, he has successfully represented hospitals and individual medical practitioners at trial, including before the Pennsylvania Superior Court, in complex medical negligence liability and malpractice cases. He was instrumental in the dismissal of substantial theft charges brought by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the misappropriation of $500,000, affirmed by the Superior Court of Pennsylvania. Nick and Jack Dempsey together represented a gathering and processing energy client to obtain a partial summary judgment precluding a natural gas pipeline construction contractor from pursuing change order claims exceeding $20 million related to adverse weather in the Marcellus shale region.
Nick has been selected to the list of Pennsylvania Rising Stars since 2012. This is an honor limited to 2.5 percent of attorneys in Pennsylvania and reflects the reputation for excellence that he has earned in the local and regional legal community.
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Western Michigan University, Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2007
- The University of Scranton, B.S., Criminal Justice, 2004
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Alpha Kappa Delta, International Sociology Honor Society
- Alpha Phi Sigma, National Criminal Justice Honor Society
- Board of Directors, Greater Pittston YMCA, 2013-2017
- Wilkes-Barre Law & Library Association
- Judicial Clerk to Honorable Vito P. Geroulo, Court of Common Pleas of Lackawanna County, 2007-2008
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars, 2012-2020