Pat Brier concentrates his practice on health care law with an emphasis on technology and improved outcomes based on decades of experience functioning at the intersection of health law and state government. His unique skillset allows him to anticipate important trends in healthcare while assisting his clients as they respond to the ever-changing landscape. Pat represents one of the largest Medicaid managed care organizations in the United States which provides coverage to over 5 million individuals in 13 states. He counsels clients on healthcare and regulatory compliance, including market expansion and preservation strategies. Pat not only has decades of practical experience but has also obtained a Master’s degree in Health Informatics with a concentration in healthcare analytics.
Pat also advises high profile clients on Pennsylvania election law and compliance. He counsels numerous federal, state and local candidates, political parties and elected officials on fundraising strategies, including the design of internal compliance programs. He also regularly conducts campaign school training for candidates for elective office.
Pat is recognized amongst his peers as a distinguished legal practitioner. He has been repeatedly selected to the list of Pennsylvania Super Lawyer and achieved a Distinguished rating in peer reviews collated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Pat developed and led MBK’s pro bono Immigration and Naturalization Clinic with the support of Esperanza Immigration Legal Services and the Lackawanna Bar Association. The pro bono clinic provided training to lawyers in the representation of underserved immigrants and their families interested in becoming citizens. This program was recognized by the federal court for its successful advocacy and legal education.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- Temple University, M.S., Health Informatics/Concentration in Healthcare Analytics, 2019
- The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1985
- Marywood College, B.S.W., 1978
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lackawanna Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Lackawanna Pro Bono
- American Telehealth Association
- Board, Lackawanna County Drug & Alcohol Treatment Services
- Partner, Stevens & Lee, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Law clerk to the Hon. Richard P. Conaboy, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- League of Women Voters Campaign School, 2018, 2019
- Campaign Fundraising and Compliance, Guest Lecturer, St. Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Repeatedly selected to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM Peer Review Rating
- Lackawanna Bar Association Award for Exemplary Service to the Community and Dedication to the Profession of Law, 2018